Thinking of owning a puppy that wags its tails and runs to you joyfully at your every beck and call? Or, thinking of getting that cute little ball of fur called a kitten running about playfully in your home? Thinking about visiting the nearby pet shop to purchase one? Stop your pet search then and there, and think,”Why should I spend money on purchasing a pet when I have the option of adopting one?”
Makes sense, right?
Well, as you may see, besides saving your dollars, adopting a pet includes tons of other advantages.
1. As stated earlier, pets for adoption normally cost less than those offered for sale in pet stores.
2. A pet available for adoption may have already been trained to respond to basic commands like come, sit, go, etc., and hence it reduces the trouble of training them from scratch.
3. Pets available for sale in pet shops are reared for the purpose of selling, keeping profit in mind as opposed to the health of the pets and are consequently, frequently sick and behaviorally troubled. Pets for adoption aren’t reared for commercial purposes. Ever since, before being available for adoption, they had an owner who took good care of them, they are generally healthy and well behaved.
4. Pets for adoption come in every size, age, breed, and color and so you get a wider variety to select from.
5. Most pet shop owners keep the animals in horrible conditions and the elderly female animals are treated as breeding machines. They’ve no real concern for these animals. Without buying from them, you can feel self righteous as you haven’t given them a dime.
6. So you do not have to accept the extra job of getting them vaccinated.
7. By adopting a pet, not only are you giving it a house, but also you are helping provide shelter to another homeless animal which will be taken in, in place of the animal you have adopted.
8. Having an animal for a pet has been found to be psychologically and emotionally beneficial to their own companions. Not only this. The feeling you’ve saved an animal by adopting it also provides you self-satisfaction and makes you feel proud of yourself.
10. Last of all, you can brag on your social circles about having adopted a pet!
Now that you’re convinced about the benefits of adopting a pet, make a pet search online and discover the closest pet shelter from which you can embrace your pet.