Israel is a beautiful country with rich history and its capital city, Jerusalem is regarded as the oldest city in the world. The country has a lot of tourist attractions such as mosques, churches, shrines, traditional markets, etc.. Israel is also known for its beautiful natural picturesque such as beautiful places that attract a whole lot of tourists all through the year including Tel Aviv, Dead Sea, Kibbutz, Carmel Mountain, Sea of Galilee, etc.. You can enroll yourself with Messianic tours to Israel and explore the country.
Here are 5 things you probably did not know about Israel:
• Israel has been at the forefront of major technological advances in recent years. The development of the first cell phone was believed to have been done in Israel by Motorola that has its largest development center in the country. The majority of the Windows NT operating system was developed by Microsoft-Israel, the Pentium MMX Chip technology was designed in Israel at Intel, and the voicemail technology was also developed in Israel.
• Israel is a pioneer in many fields including having the third highest rate of entrepreneurship in the world. It has the maximum number of women entrepreneurs and the Israeli youth are focused towards turning the stones in all arenas. The country has more than 3,000 high-tech companies and start-ups. You may not know that Israel has the highest concentration of hi-tech companies in the world after Silicon Valley.
• Israel has rich history which never fails to entice people from all across the world. Jerusalem is the official capital and is considered as a holy city to three religions of the world such as Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Jerusalem is also encircled by stone walls constructed at Ottoman era. It comprises numerous holy sites such as the Western Wall, which is among the most visited tourist spot. The Jews often visit Dome of the Rock and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre too.
• Due the existence of multiple cultures in Israel, the country has a vibrant atmosphere. Diverse array of cultural events and festivals take place in Israel all around the year. These cultural events are planned for catering the taste of different people. People from all around the world come to join these festivities in Israel.
O The Voice of Music Festival in Galilee (summer)
O International Klezmer Festival in Safed (summer)
o Annual Tiberias Marathon (winter)
o Masada Opera Festival
o Tour de Dead Sea
o Eilat Chamber Music Festival
o Haifa International Film Festival
o Jerusalem International Film Festival
• Jerusalem has the world’s largest Holocaust museum, Yad Vashem which marks the memory of millions of Jews who were killed during the World War II on the orders of Adolf Hitler just because they belonged to the faith. The museum is enlarged in an area of 45-acre complicated and also houses a historical museum, art displays, synagogue, library, commemorative websites and more. It’s Israel’s next most-visited site after the Western Wall.